It’s here. I can’t believe it. It’s here. The pre-sale for Neighborliness: Finding the Beauty of God Across Dividing Lines is here.
I am completely overwhelmed by the response since we launched the website last week.
- A church bought 1,000 copies for every person in their congregation
- Another church did the same, buying 500 copies.
- Another church bought 400 copies for their staff and key leaders.
- A friend bought two boxes. One to share read the executive board of their nonprofit and another to give to their friends.
- Small group leaders are buying boxes to read in their groups.
- A mom ordered one for her and one for her daughter to read together.
**If you are a pastor or group leader and are interested in reading before ordering for your groups, please reach out to me and I can send you an Advance Reader Copy (digital format) via email.**
The message of neighborliness explores the greatest commandment: loving God and neighbors. Finding the beauty of God across dividing lines means that we need to take time to explore our hearts and figure out why racial and economic tension has been dividing us for so long. I think this book will help. I pray this book will help.
We wrote a small group discussion guide for each chapter and included it at the end of the book. The end of this book is the beginning of a conversation. The message of neighborliness is intended to be an inward journey exploring our love for God that naturally moves us to loving our neighbors.
I can’t wait for you to read this. Furthermore, I can’t wait to see what happens when people begin to explore these topics in the context of community.
My friend, Peter Moskowitz, said in his book How to Kill A City: Gentrification, Inequality, and the Fight for the City, “Systems can change because systems are made of people.” I believe that cities can change, too, because cities are made of people.
In order to change your city, though, you have to start in your own heart. I pray that this book will help you begin at home and then take it to your neighborhood.
Pre-Orders are available at www.neighborliness.com. Books will ship on July 10th!