We are kicking off a week at Center City Church simply called “Acts of Kindness.” The goal is really simple: do something nice for somebody else, out of the ordinary, intentionally at least once every day for seven days (June 9-16). I truly believe that one of the best ways that we can shine the light of Christ in our community is by serving others around us.
The ideas have been pouring in from across our community. Here’s a few to spark your creativity as you simply share the love of Jesus by acts of kindness:
– Baking cookies and delivering to local fire/police stations with a thank you note.
– Paying for the person behind you in line at the local coffee shop.
– Cutting your neighbor’s yard.
– Sending a random handwritten note to a friend.
– Visiting a retirement home and spending time with an elderly couple.
– Writing a Facebook note to an old friend to encourage them.
– Saying thank you to a person that has impacted your life.
– Volunteering at a local non-profit for a day.
There are so many other ideas that can spark when we intentionally take time to love those around us. What ideas do you have? We want to hear your stories throughout the week. If you have an idea or have a great experience, email us at email@example.com to share your story. You don’t have to be a part of our church family to jump into the fun!
Let’s love our community. Let’s be creative. Let’s shine the light of Jesus with our actions.
**Proverbs 11:30 – The seeds of good deeds become a tree of life; a wise person wins friends.