Center City Church is joining together in a unified commitment to fast and pray for the next 40 days leading up to the opening of our church to the community on Easter Sunday, April 4th. I taught today on these topics, and gave our group a very specific challenge. Here’s the outline:
– Challenge yourself.
– Don’t abstain from eating steak and lobster.
– Don’t fast from Twitter, if you don’t have an account.
– Don’t fast from meat if you’re a vegetarian.
– Strength comes from resistance.
– Set an attainable goal. You know yourself.
– If you’ve never done this before, start smaller.
– Coffee / lattes
– Something you will notice. Does not have to be food.
– Commit to pray when your appetite for food, entertainment, digital media (or whatever you’re abstaining from) arises.
– Do SOMETHING
February 22 – April 3rd. I am so looking forward to what is produced both personally and corporately during this season of unified fasting and prayer.